Interesting Items...

Misguided idiots (that's the polite version of what I really think) in the EU not knowing the difference between power and energy.
Which is better: a 1000W hoover for 10 minutes or a 1600W one for 5 minutes?

Easy. A manual for 30 minutes: Keeps you fitter as well as sucking it up without burning any fossil fuels.

41VjooF%2BEYL._SX300_.jpg

It's a long time since I saw one of those! They are rubbish at sucking dirt and grit out of carpets, though.

As for the EU directive, it could have been stopped by GB, but the government approved it. The EU said "Is this a good idea?" and Cameron said "Yes!" Let's see, what did he study at university? Not science I would guess.

Dyson is sitting pretty, with all their models under 1600w.

I would ban electric heating, it would save far more than £6 per household per year, which is what this measure will save. Insulate the houses, save £'000s a year per house.

How does reading a manual help with the dust?

PTFM, like gomezz.

Typically, the situation is not as dramatic as the newspapers made out - it's 1600W not 1000W, and retailers can continue to sell existing stock. The EU are (apparently) aiming to reduce the limit to 900W in a couple of years.

This is all news to me. My 1300W started to behave as if it was a sweet 900W so I bought a replacement rated at 2200W a few weeks ago. It rocks, or to be more precise the exhaust rocks some of my light fittings when it passes underneath them.

Is the limit on output delivered at the point of use, or power consumed when connected to the mains?

Or put another way, can you have (eg) a 6000W rechargeable device that only draws 500W when charging?

All I know is that when I'm Dysoning a room I can save an hour's worth of gas fire use, such is the heat emitted from the machine. My theory is that Dyson can save money!

Then complain to them that it's overheating.:rolling: Then save yourself some money by not renewing it.

All I know is that when I'm Dysoning a room I can save an hour's worth of gas fire use, such is the heat emitted from the machine. My theory is that Dyson can save money!
That is an excellent excuse reason for not doing any vacuum cleaning until the winter.

Last edited:
The Dyson DC41 has an A energy and efficiency rating, as does the DC41.

The DC50 drops to a B rating.

The DC54 cylinder is D rated, one other cylinder is A rated and I can't find a rating for a third one.

I assume all are more efficient than gomezz' food-based energy source. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet they still manage top-rated efficiency! Remarkable!

Vax may be the hardest hit. High power consumption and damning reviews by Which? can't be good for them. I am struggling to find efficiency ratings on their web site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then complain to them that it's overheating.:rolling: Then save yourself some money by not renewing it.
I don't think it is overheating, if an a appliance consumes a 1000Watts a large proportion of that is going to end up as heat

Back