Xenforo 1.3.5

The Strikethrough option has been removed from the editor in the 'upgraded' version of the software. Please can someone put it back?
I believe there is a downloadable extension on the Xenforo site to achieve this.
I had to use [S] and [/S] tags manually which is a bit irritating.

The Strikethrough option has been removed from the editor in the 'upgraded' version of the software. Please can someone put it back?
I believe there is a downloadable extension on the Xenforo site to achieve this.
I had to use [S] and [/S] tags manually which is a bit irritating.
The Strike-through option is still there, but it is now an option accessed via the "Insert..." button.
To use it, select the text you wish to Strike-through, then click on the Insert... button, then click on the Strike-through option at the bottom of the drop-down list.

The rich text post editor makes a right pig's ear of post formatting codes for bullet points. It automatically adds all sorts of crap - is there a way I can default to the plain text editor??

The Strike-through option is still there, but it is now an option accessed via the "Insert..." button.
To use it, select the text you wish to Strike-through, then click on the Insert... button, then click on the Strike-through option at the bottom of the drop-down list.
The "Insert..." button is non-intuitive for this sort of operation as that inserts blocks of stuff, which is not what you expect for Strikethrough.
It is also inconsistent with the other options which do similar things, namely Bold, Italic and Underline.
Q. Why are they not also done with "Insert..." then?
A. Because it's stupid and everyone would complain.

Was the add-on even investigated? Strikethrough used to be an option next to B, I and U, so why remove it? (I know that's a Xenforo thing.)

The rich text post editor makes a right pig's ear of post formatting codes for bullet points. It automatically adds all sorts of crap - is there a way I can default to the plain text editor??
It seems that you can turn this on or off in your Browsing Preferences.
hummy.tv - Browsing Preferences.png

Back