HDR-1000S: User Interface is unresponsive...

Of course, a factory reset had no effect whatsoever. (Apart from wasting time setting it up again.)

I suspect now that the bug this time may be a hardware bug: overheating?

I was connecting another piece of equipment yesterday afternoon and discovered this box quite hot. It hadn't been used my me since the previous evening. It was not recording, either, nor had it recorded anything since the previous day. Ummm.

I was connecting another piece of equipment yesterday afternoon and discovered this box quite hot. It hadn't been used my me since the previous evening. It was not recording, either, nor had it recorded anything since the previous day. Ummm.

Have you downloaded the ios or android app and paired the box for remote recording reservations ?

Have you downloaded the ios or android app and paired the box for remote recording reservations ?

Yes, and I know the box wakes up periodically for a few seconds, but it is generally cool when in standby. Yesterday it was quite warm.

Three more lock-ups since my last post, one on startup and two at the end of playing back a recording (couldn't stop it). In the former case only a cold start works but the latter responds to a soft restart.

Back