HDR FOX T2 reboot cycle

Asking you to downgrade the firmware to a version which does not even support the most recent hardware version seems like clutching at straws, unless Humax believe all firmwares since 1.01.09 contain a bug which could result in what you are seeing (presumably in the DLNA server).

I'm sure we would know about such a problem; we are aware of a network conflict, and we are aware of problems with corrupt files, but we know how to regain control without resorting to 1.01.09. You would have thought Humax should have a wider knowledge of reported faults and remedies than we do!

However, that said, 1.01.09 does sound like a useful diagnostic (but not a permanent solution).

I think it was a case of getting me off the phone really quickly, He, humax rep, sounded quite confident that it would fix the issue. When it didn't work I phoned them back up again and the person i spoke to was not willing to go through it step by step with me because he said its quite simple and the instructions are in the email and was written by a member of his team. Although I do agree that they were simple to follow I thought that maybe I did something wrong because the 1st rep i spoke to seemed confident that the solution would work.

He did however tell me that if I couldn't fix it and wanted all the same features then I should maybe look at the 2000T or T2000 (can't remember which side the T was on) because it offered all the same functions as the fox T2 and is pretty much the same thing but in a different outer shell.

Can I say a massive thank you to everyone on here for the helpful advice. even if I don't end with a working device its good to know that there are people here that will try to help and offer advice.

The system flush is step 1C in my write-up, so if you work through that you will come to it at the appropriate point.

The system flush is step 1C in my write-up, so if you work through that you will come to it at the appropriate point.

I read about that yesterday, I have just got home from work right now and I'm just about to go through the process of the system flush. I have about 2 hours before I will have to get to bed as its 10pm now in the uk.

If the system flush doesn't work would you put the boot loop down to being an issue with the IR receiver panel?

do you add the hdr_fox_t2_upgrade-2.hdf (flush) file to a flash drive with the normal update file or should i rename it to hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf and put it on a memory stick on its own? the -2 bit of the file name kind of makes me thing that it runs a normal update then does this update after it, hence the -2.

Thanks.

rename it to hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf and put it on a memory stick on its own?
^ This

The HDR-FOX will only accept an update file that has the usual name. It will ignore anything else.

If the system flush doesn't work would you put the boot loop down to being an issue with the IR receiver panel?
I put the channel changing and volume ramping potentially down to a faulty front panel; if that is no longer happening there may be something else which the procedure should identify.

OK, I did the flush and it keeps going to the wizard screen and boot looping, I then tried adding that latest software update and it is still boot looping.

It appears that i have a bigger problem than I would have hoped.
^ This

The HDR-FOX will only accept an update file that has the usual name. It will ignore anything else.

I put the channel changing and volume ramping potentially down to a faulty front panel; if that is no longer happening there may be something else which the procedure should identify.

You are a star mate. It has not fixed the volume going up and down so I would suggest that you are right about the front panel, I have just unplugged the front panel cable and as stated in your write up it doesn't even power up now.

Looks like I will have to try and find a new front panel.

I have just unplugged the front panel cable and as stated in your write up it doesn't even power up now.
I don't know what a normal unit will do with the front panel unplugged, so don't take its inability to power up as an indication of anything (I know you probably were not). I'm surprised if it shows no sign of life at all though, on application of mains power (switch at the back) one would expect the disk to spin up maybe.

I don't know what a normal unit will do with the front panel unplugged, so don't take its inability to power up as an indication of anything (I know you probably were not). I'm surprised if it shows no sign of life at all though, on application of mains power (switch at the back) one would expect the disk to spin up maybe.

I thought exactly the same about the disk spinning but it didn't. I think i will look for a spares or repair fox t2 and try the front panel replacement.

Thanks for your help.

FYI there is a link to an older thread here. When I had a problem with a faulty front panel board I bought a new one from Humax for £29.48 delivered.
With the front panel board disconnected, the HDR-FOX appears completely dead and the disk won't spin up. The PSU is probably still powered though when plugged in, so be careful (I'm daresay you already know this).

FYI there is a link to an older thread here. When I had a problem with a faulty front panel board I bought a new one from Humax for £29.48 delivered.
With the front panel board disconnected, the HDR-FOX appears completely dead and the disk won't spin up. The PSU is probably still powered though when plugged in, so be careful (I'm daresay you already know this).

Thanks, I shall try contacting human about the possibility of getting a new front panel. When you was having the problem did you T2 show the same symptoms as mine in regards to the volume going up and down on its own and the round "stop" symbol showing in the top right corner of the tv screen at random times?

Cheers.

Thanks, I shall try contacting human about the possibility of getting a new front panel. When you was having the problem did you T2 show the same symptoms as mine in regards to the volume going up and down on its own and the round "stop" symbol showing in the top right corner of the tv screen at random times?

Cheers.
The volume would go up and down on its own and it changed channels by itself. If you entered a menu it would scroll through the options. I did get the circle with a line through it: like when you press the wrong button in a menu. It would also switch itself off randomly too.

The volume would go up and down on its own and it changed channels by itself. If you entered a menu it would scroll through the options. I did get the circle with a line through it: like when you press the wrong button in a menu. It would also switch itself off randomly too.

Exactly the same as mine, at least I can be pretty sure what the problem in show, I also has the channels changing on their own.

on application of mains power (switch at the back) one would expect the disk to spin up maybe.
Would one? We already know that disk initialisation is controlled by the Humax software, so we would NOT expect the disk to spin up if the machine can't boot because of no front panel.

I have just rebooted my Hummy from Webif Diagnostics screen.
This worked fine, however , I notice that the Webif home screen still shows "Last boot reason" as "Remote Control Handset".
Shouldn't it show something like "Webif Diagnostic Trigger". Assuming that it is possible to determine this, of course.
I'm on Webif 1.2.2-1, CF 3.02, FW 1.03.12.

Yes, I concur. I did similar from the front panel and it said the same thing.

Got one of these yesterday on the remote box:
07/03/2015 13:25:18 - System booted (Unknown 4)
I expect it was a crash.

Back