Can't turn on TV to watch anything whilst recording

The 1000s doesn't have a vformat button on the remote. Switching on/off the TV doesn't solve it. As I said that if I switch off the humax box and then back on it will come on at 576i, no amount of switching through inputs/HDMI swaps will fix this. Also if I cancel the recording whilst in this 'disabled' mode, one time it refused to cancel, the other time it let me cancel but then did not function properly and had to pull the plug to reboot. I actually don't think this is a sony fault, I think it is a humax fault. i phoned tech support and they said it might be a problem with the tuner. tempted to get a replacement box, but don't want to lose all my recordings.

@bmax: if you keep pressing vformat to cycle through the resolutions, it should come back to life.

This works for me, but if it doesn't for you then it may be something else or you might need to reboot your tv instead (ie turn it off/on).
The absence of a vformat key makes this a bit tricky. You can change the output in setup.

The problem occurs only on certain makes and models and is new since the last update which introduced HDMI-CEC support.
Turning off the support on the TV helps except when bring the unit out of standby while recording where the YV reports no signal.

Thanks Repassac, If I go to settings whilst it is in the 576i mode it says that the output is 1080i and that is greyed out so not able to adjust it. From what you said it sounds like a known fault and therefore will hopefully be fixed in the next update?

We've had the exact same frustrating problem too. When we switch on the TV after it has been off all day, and the Humax is busy recording something we pre-programmed, we get a black screen on HDMI and no sound.

This has been exacerbated by the fact we have no decent signal on our Panasonic TV alone. Having looked into the problem online several times, we've tried the v format button to no avail.

Today, when it happened yet again, I was about to pull the plug on the Humax and crash the recording, (which so far has been the only solution), when I pressed the standby button on my TV.

As soon as I pressed the TV's standby button for the second time to flick it back on again, hey presto, the Humax kicked in!!!!!!

I don't know if this was a fluke, or problem solved for future reference, but thought I would share my experience in case it helps others.

Back