Pvr freezes briefly each time I press a remote command.

jonnya

Hi there,

Every time I press the remote to scroll through recorded selection or trying to navigate the guide or any instruction through the remote the pvr appears to freeze breifly(8 secs) after each button press...so if I try to scroll down to recorded programme it stops/freezes each time i press the remote to head toward the programme I want ...i have to wait until it unfreezes then it will allow me to go to the next prog in the list then each time until I reach the prog required...then I need to wait a moment until it has a ' mini freeze' until it lets me play the programme.

Or simply if I want to jump 30 secs through the adverts...it pauses or freezes briefly so i have to wait to press the skip key ...each instrution from the remote is very long! What solutions are available please. All suggestions very welcome.

Thank you, Jonathan.

Every time I press the remote to scroll through recorded selection or trying to navigate the guide or any instruction through the remote the pvr appears to freeze breifly(8 secs) after each button press...so if I try to scroll down to recorded programme it stops/freezes each time i press the remote to head toward the programme I want ...i have to wait until it unfreezes then it will allow me to go to the next prog in the list then each time until I reach the prog required...then I need to wait a moment until it has a ' mini freeze' until it lets me play the programme.
Unusual problem; has it always done this or did this behaviour start recently?

it may have done it previously briefly and not so pronounced, but now its doing it constantly...briefly , the pvr pauses (prevents me from issuing another command) every time there is a key press in any navigation screen or even mute and volume control.

My thoughts are that the processor is throttled back some how so that it takes a long time to perform each operation. The one obvious thing that might cause this is disk retries.

If the processor / drive controller has difficulty getting clean data when reading the disk, it will keep trying until it does get clean data or decides to give up. If this happens a lot, the whole system will slow down. Disk retries indicate a drive that is close to failure, or a corrupted file system.

If I am correct, your best bet is to replace the hard drive - but that may be throwing good money at a bad job. There are a couple of things to try first: restore factory defaults; and format drive.

I called Humax direct (describing the problem) they said it was probably a remote fault and to replace the batteries after waiting 30 mins. If that didnt work do a hard reset. My beloved Humax is no longer faulty! long live the 9150 ...after batt replacement. Thanks again for your input. Best Regards, Jonathan.

Back