Recording when played on T2 does not have sound

SemiRamis

However when I downloaded to my pc the file does have sound. I have tried the speaker button on the remote to the right of opt. What else can I try?

What do you expect us to say? So little detail.

Is this just one recording or every recording? What programme is it? StDef or HiDef? How did you get it to the PC decrypted? If (on the PC) you right-click and display Properties, what is shown in the Detail tab?

However when I downloaded to my pc the file does have sound. I have tried the speaker button on the remote to the right of opt. What else can I try?
Try using more words and sentences to describe the issue.
Also switch unit off for a few minutes (eg via rear power switch/unplug) and on again.
Do you get sound from live TV reception and/or live radio?
Was the no sound recording made on another device?
Is all sound/everything on the Humax muted?
Try transferring another known working video into the Humax to see if it plays that ok.

Last edited:
Ok. This is the only file which won't play sound. I was hoping someone else might remember this weird kind of thing. The rest tv reception is fine. This recording was made with this machine from film4. The machine is not muted.
I may have a look at the file on pc when I get home

Ok. This is the only file which won't play sound. I was hoping someone else might remember this weird kind of thing. The rest tv reception is fine. This recording was made with this machine from film4. The machine is not muted.
I may have a look at the file on pc when I get homeUse something like MediaInfo to examine the contents.
In addition to the other outstanding suggestions and questions, you may already have MediaInfo as part of one of your existing installs on your PC. It has various options for how the details are displayed. Use the one which looks best to you, or most readable, then report back the details if it is still not obvious what makes this recording special.

This is the only file which won't play sound.
Try Menu >> Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Digital Audio Output >> Stereo.

The default is >> Multi-channel, which sends the original AAC/AC3 to the TV (via HDMI or TOSLink) if the source is HiDef and has the appropriate audio stream... which should not be the case for Film4, but some quirk might be triggering this function. "Stereo" on the other hand converts the HDMI audio data to PCM, which all TVs should handle OK.

Another quirk with Multi-channel is that the TV itself handles the volume (not the 'Fox, because the data is just passed through), and commands are sent from the 'Fox to the TV (in the data) to control volume. This might not be working (and is not a feature of PCM).

Even if PCM cures it, there remains a mystery as to why. It would help to know what the actual recording is, so we can check other copies (if there are any).

You may already have MediaInfo as part of one of your existing installs on your PC.
Some media details are available without installing MediaInfo, on the right-click in Explorer. VLC will also tell you.

So I changed the multi channel to stereo and the sound returned. Whilst it was playing changed back and the sound continued. Stopped. Played again sound still present. Shall I still do the media info?

Back