BBC ONE Mendip

SD or HD? What exactly is interruptions? How long for and how frequently?

StDef (not BBC ONE HD).

Interruptions = loss of audio, black picture or frozen picture, for a second or two (long enough to get the I Plate up, if ready for it). Irregular, every few minutes over about 10 minutes (until I had to go and do something else).

It hardly matters to be that descriptive – if anyone else saw it they would recognise "interruption", and if they didn't it doesn't matter. My post was to determine whether this was a local thing, which might indicate a hardware problem (HD-FOX with an SSD).

During Morning Live.

StDef (not BBC ONE HD).

Interruptions = loss of audio, black picture or frozen picture, for a second or two (long enough to get the I Plate up, if ready for it). Irregular, every few minutes over about 10 minutes (until I had to go and do something else).

It hardly matters to be that descriptive – if anyone else saw it they would recognise "interruption", and if they didn't it doesn't matter. My post was to determine whether this was a local thing, which might indicate a hardware problem (HD-FOX with an SSD).

During Morning Live.

I think I would be looking for wind affected trees in the signal path, from that description. Another possibility would be the aerial cable having a dodgy connection affected by wind.

No bent elements on the aerial? again wind movement could do strange things.

Back