Clue

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
This is the first time I've noticed I can't record the Sunday repeat separately from the Monday first broadcast. I guess the Beeb are now using the same S-CRID!

Glad you spotted it. I didn't even notice the new series had started. Set the Humax to record the repeat and it series-linked episode 2 on Monday. I've had the problem with BBC and repeats. You can't set exactly what you want without going manual. (If I wanted to record Sunday only using series link, I can't do it).
For obvious reasons, Clue isn't as good as it used to be. I'd even say the decay started with the demise of Willie Rushton.

I was in the audience for the Bath recording.

Clue isn't as good as it used to be.
Perhaps not, but still funny :)

You can't set exactly what you want without going manual. (If I wanted to record Sunday only using series link, I can't do it).
Previously I have recorded the first broadcast and the repeat as separate series (just in case!). Can only do that now by using individual recordings, but RS (and sweeper) to the rescue!

I have the same problem with 'Long Lost Family on ITV1+1. Broadcast Monday night, then repeated the following Sunday Night. I have to keep selecting 'Skip this episode' for the repeat.

I have the same problem...
Another problem, not the same problem. In this case, I want the repeats and you don't.

The EPG carries (for each programme) a programme ID and (if applicable) a series ID. If a series recording is scheduled, programmes with the matching S-CRID are queued unless the P-CRID matches entries in a database of previously successfully recorded programmes.

I was able to record the first broadcast and the repeat because they used to carry different S-CRIDs (incorrectly, but potentially useful, although if a first broadcast recording failed then the repeat would not be automatically picked up for anyone who had only scheduled one broadcast).

You have to manually skip repeats because the S-CRIDs match (correct) but they've been given differing P-CRIDs (incorrect).

You are taking a risk by manually skipping scheduled recordings: OK if you only do that after verifying the first broadcast recorded correctly, but if you skip a later entry before verification there is a risk the recording of first broadcast fails (loss of power, loss of signal, schedule interruption, recording conflict) and (as the repeat P-CRIDs don't match) there will be no automatic recovery.

It seems the correct use of programme and series identifiers is becoming sloppier and sloppier by all broadcasters. I wonder if this may be because the task is being allocated to people who think nobody really cares any more as it is all available on catch up,

Another example of annoying misuse is being currently exemplified by the upcoming Women's World Cup. I would like to set a series link for all the highlight programmes but if I do that it includes the live coverage programmes as well. Doh! If I want to watch any of the matches live I will record them separately as a one off thank you.

And then there is the BT/TNT Sport one where they sometimes adjust the coverage times of live events but rather than edit the existing entry they delete it and re-add it with a new id breaking previously set up timers. That one really grinds my gears! 😡

Last edited:
I would like to set a series link for all the highlight programmes but if I do that it includes the live coverage programmes as well. Doh!
We have the technology:

RS >> Auto >> Advanced Rules

A2606D98-8FB7-4489-869E-D2A083808F3C.jpeg
Matching events in the current EPG (which will be auto-scheduled to record if I don't delete the rule!):
E9C7FF42-4DCA-4958-B19C-08A4EAC11EA1.jpeg

The RS rules are persistent – they'll keep looking for new matches and acting on them for as long as the rule is present, not just matches in the current EPG (actually, it might be useful to have an "enable/disable" tick box for each rule).

I'm not certain whether this is correct, but I have found that I need to click the refresh button on any particular rule (top right tool cluster, first from the left) if I want current matching events to be scheduled rather than just new matches which appear in the EPG subsequently.

Last edited:
"Channel name is is not" is another RS bug. Only affects that one negative condition (I checked!).

:( I admit I had not scrutinised your declared list.

Perhaps there's room for another!
That is out of date as the Toppy being SD only is no longer in use and did have the capability of doing similar intelligent timer setting through the wonders of the third party MyStuff app. I have in the past contemplated getting a T2 but that time has long gone and the golden age of the PVR is slowly but inexorably passing into history as catch up streaming services become the dominant mode of content delivery. For now my Hughie, Hummy and Dizzy PVRs will still be used but my Chromecast dongle has become a major player (sic) in my set up.

Thank goodness for my Harmony activity-based universal remote control which means that I only need that (mostly) as the one to rule them all.

That is out of date as the Toppy being SD only is no longer in use and did have the capability of doing similar intelligent timer setting through the wonders of the third party MyStuff app.

Also the Denon in your signature looks out of date compared to a previous post on https://community.youview.com/, or did you decide against keeping the Denon AVR-S660H?

I was able to record the first broadcast and the repeat because they used to carry different S-CRIDs (incorrectly, but potentially useful, although if a first broadcast recording failed then the repeat would not be automatically picked up for anyone who had only scheduled one broadcast).
Back around the time when the HDR-FOX T2 was launched the D-Book allowed for broadcasts to choose whether or not touse the same series CRID.
Has it changed and if so when?

That is not true of all recorders. On failure some Vestels used to look for repeats of the same programme to attempt to make a successful recording.

Back