Clue

I got the 660H. The old one is still able to function as an analogue input stereo amp if need be.
Sorry it is off subject but out if curiosity do you use the Denon to upscale or leave that to your PVR or TV also have you had any problems with ARC? I ask because I have with my 760H, I could not get ARC to play nice with my Samsung TV (No sound from TV) and had to use an optical cable. The other issue was having my Aura and laptop connected to the Denon via hdmi whenever I was watching laptop content on my TV I was getting frequent black screens for a second or two often in quick repetition that then repeated again every ten minutes or so, it stopped if the Aura was unplugged. The only suitable cure I found was to disable HDMi control and ARC on the Denon, all leads are of latest spec and of reasonable quality.

I use ARC to mostly relay sound from my Chromecast dongle and only occasionally from my laptop over HDMI to the TV and not noticed any problems such as you describe.

I always let the TV handle upscaling on the basis that it knows its own capabilities the best.

I use ARC to mostly relay sound from my Chromecast dongle and only occasionally from my laptop over HDMI to the TV and not noticed any problems such as you describe.

I always let the TV handle upscaling on the basis that it knows its own capabilities the best.
Thanks, I guess it is just an Aura issue but I will have to try my T2 with the same connections to add weight to my guess.

Back