Help how do I get rid of ITV Hub and install ITV X

techman

I open freeview and press ITV X button and it brings up ITV Hub. So I think I need to delete hub and install X. Any help in getting rid of hub. Many thanks. I have FVP 5000T

I open freeview and press ITV X button and it brings up ITV Hub. So I think I need to delete hub and install X. Any help in getting rid of hub. Many thanks. I have FVP 5000T
As far as I know, ITVX is not supported on the FVP-4000T/5000T.

Wondered why I can get it on my TV but not the pvr. Seems very silly of Humax or are they trying to sell new machines?

Seems very silly of Humax or are they trying to sell new machines?
How long do you expect them to support obsolescent kit, when no new sales will be generated? Providing a new "app" requires significant effort, and the technical requirements for ITVX are not necessarily met by the 5000T. How old is your TV?

The current model is the Aura. Being based on Android, porting new apps (rather than having to build one from scratch) is much easier.

As I bought this in 2022 and software was 2022 l would have hoped it might be supported for a bit longer or why sell them.

How long do you expect them to support obsolescent kit, when no new sales will be generated? Providing a new "app" requires significant effort, and the technical requirements for ITVX are not necessarily met by the 5000T. How old is your TV?

The current model is the Aura. Being based on Android, porting new apps (rather than having to build one from scratch) is much easier.

l would have hoped it might be supported for a bit longer
They support the box but the app is a bit different as it involves a third party. ITV may have produced several versions of Hub 'kits' for different platforms but have dropped some with X. Similar(ish) situation with iPlayer on the FOX-T2 boxes.
So as BH says the 5000 hardware may simply not support the ITVX structure.

As I bought this in 2022 and software was 2022
Launched in 2017 and discontinued in 2023. My argument stands. Provision of ITVX was never a sales promise, and provision of ITV Hub could only be promised so long as ITV supported ITV Hub.

Back