Ideal World

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I understand Ideal World went bust about 7 months ago, and yet there are still EPG entries for it and a place-holder saying it will be back at 7am. What gives?

Shop TJC Ltd (UK) bought the brand and some other parts of it, including the freeview channel.

That does not explain why the EPG showed programme slots last night, unless they were links to an Internet service?

That wouldn't surprise me. The appearance of mixed transmitted/internet channels with the EPG (and/or your recording device) not distinguishing between them really p's me off. Obviously not with IW, I've set recordings for what turned out to be an internet service. It's confusing for us oldies! And we're the ones with some degree of technical knowledge. What about the average user? I imagine the broadcasters don't give a :poop: as they want to move everything online making our Humaxes expensive paperweights (or disc storage and media servers).

Tuned in this morning and found them flogging a "Stanley" branded intelligent car battery charger, similar to one I have which was bought as a Lidl/Aldi special. My friend (who was the impulse for the enquiry) says it used to be all clothes.

I have a habit of scrolling up and down channels when bored. I think I've seen the previous incarnation of IW sell mobiles, drones and more. That would be the only times I've stopped on the channel - just to hear the bs the presenter spouts. (Could be I'm mixing it up with QVC, but I don't think so).

Back