New Purchases - Humax HDR-FOX T2 1TB + Query!

Trying to recover some of the "missing" reserved space
There's isn't any 'missing' space. It's just an artefact of how things are (mis-)calculated, as has already been explained (see post #10 and elsewhere in the forum).
The only way of getting any more is either to disable the TSR buffer or to fit a bigger disk.
Please don't pander to the stupid comments any more.
(I hope she knows what she's letting herself in for.)

There's isn't any 'missing' space. It's just an artefact of how things are (mis-)calculated, as has already been explained (see post #10 and elsewhere in the forum).
The only way of getting any more is either to disable the TSR buffer or to fit a bigger disk.
There is a certain amount of unusable space in the hd1 and hd3 partitions but not enough to be worth doing anything about - if you are that short of space you need a larger disk

This leads me to suspect she does:
" I told her " suggests that the OP is male, are you and the mouse privy to information that suggests otherwise? his account even states Male or was that another quote from HGTTG?

Last edited:
" I told her " suggests that the OP is male, are you and the mouse privy to information that suggests otherwise? his account even states Male or was that another quote from HHGTTG?
I was talking about the fiancee (the only confirmed "her" in this exchange), and I took it prpr was too. I don't think it takes Columbo to work that out.

Shirley you're not still confused about that??!

You've been around long enough to expect that, and anyway – you asked!
Well, lookie here, the entity known as Black Hole is being offensive chums. Evasive Manoeuvres employed! - Seriously, he really is - He's just called me 'Shirley'! I mean anything but Shirley! Heck, if that's not offensive I don't know what is!!! ;)

Last edited:
If 850 GiB/GB is not sufficient for your needs it is quite trivial to switch the disk for a larger capacity one - with customized firmware the sky is the limit, or to move some recordings onto external, possibly NAS, storage.

Trying to recover some of the "missing" reserved space is only going to free up enough space for a few extra recordings (even if it is possible),

Personally I only have a 512GB disk which the webif reports as usable capacity 447.6 GiB with 148.3 GiB in use (33%) though I do have some additional recordings on NAS.

There are only a certain number of hours a day for telly watching - when will you get to watch all the extra programmes that you could record with al larger disk!
Thanx, however that's not my purpose with this Humax HDR-FOX T2 1TB.

I think he intends using it to store a large amount of HD music so would not be deleting after viewing. Your suggestion of fitting a larger disk rather than worrying about getting a few extra GB would make much more sense for him to do.
Give the man a cigar! You do your homework. ;)

They're 'sucker' punches ...

" I told her " suggests that the OP is male, are you and the mouse privy to information that suggests otherwise? his account even states Male or was that another quote from HGTTG?
Thank you! :)

I wouldn't apologise. I read it the same way you did too. They didn't say 'Fiancee'. ;)
I suspect that some people here were bullied at school, the nerdy kids that were always the last ones to be picked and it left them bitter but having found a home here on this very niche site they can flaunt their talents and prance around like geek overlords belittling others as payback for the past traumas they once endured:D

1. Recognise banter for what it is – I'm not of the generation who worship woke;

2. Those seeking help won't get much if they get snotty.

Well, lookie here, the entity known as Black Hole is being offensive chums. Evasive Manoeuvres employed! - Seriously, he really is - He's just called me 'Shirley'! I mean anything but Shirley! Heck, if that's not offensive I don't know what is!!! ;)
You definitely haven't been around for years! 'Shirley' = Surely. :roflmao:
I suspect that some people here were bullied at school, the nerdy kids that were always the last ones to be picked and it left them bitter but having found a home here on this very niche site they can flaunt their talents and prance around like geek overlords belittling others as payback for the past traumas they once endured:D
Very eloquent, but I don't believe it applies at Hummy.tv

I can't believe I'm having to spell out such an iconic cultural reference, but to put some flesh on Rob's bones:

Likewise readers will find many quotes from The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Unfortunately both these 'cultures' are probably only familiar now to those over a certain age.

Back