Playback issues

Sargan

Today … part way through playback of a recording … screen went black, and message popped up that 'Channel is scrambled or not available'.
I stopped playback, thought it was just a glitch on recording, went back to start (knowing I just watched OK). Same ‘channel is scrambled’ message. Then went to my saved recordings …. None of them would play, all giving same error.

Strangely I was watching ‘live TV through Humax’ that was fine.
So pressed record button, had the on-screen message recording started. Let in run for 5min, then selected from menu to play, and got same 'Channel is scrambled or not available’ message.

I rebooted box and now all recordings playing OK.

Any suggestions? I have access via PC interface.
Having quite a lot of reliability issues lately.

There are Crashes in Crash log ... but nothing for this week
RECMON log has hundreds of identical entries /mod/sbin/recmon: can't load library 'libinotifytools.so.0'
no idea what that means.
As far as I can tell nothing recent in any of the other Logs.

HDD assume is OK as recordings played OK after reboot, but diagnostics file attached

Attachments

• HDD.png
    HDD.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
It has been known for a unit to forget its encryption key. In that state, old (undecrypted) recordings won't play, but new recordings will. Reboot restores the key, after which old recordings will play but new ones (recorded while the key was wrong) won't.

As usual, an adequate search would have found this information.

RECMON log has hundreds of identical entries /mod/sbin/recmon: can't load library 'libinotifytools.so.0'
no idea what that means.
It means you need to reinstall the package as something has corrupted it somehow. From the command prompt:
opkg install --force-reinstall inotify-tools

part way through playback of a recording … screen went black, and message popped up that 'Channel is scrambled or not available'.
That's just normal occasional stuff with these boxes. It happened to me the other day.

Why did you post this in the Foxsat section though (subsequently moved to the correct place)?

Last edited:
It has been known for a unit to forget its encryption key. In that state, old (undecrypted) recordings won't play, but new recordings will. Reboot restores the key, after which old recordings will play but new ones (recorded while the key was wrong) won't.

As usual, an adequate search would have found this information.
That wasn’t the case.
If I made a new recording … it would not play … gave same error as trying to play old recordings.

That's just normal occasional stuff with these boxes. It happened to me the other day.

Why did you post this in the Foxsat section though (subsequently moved to the correct place)?
If I did post there that was in error, apologies. .. must have been finger issue on my iPad
So just accept this issues as ‘one of those things’ then.

It means you need to reinstall the package as something has corrupted it somehow. From the command prompt:
opkg install --force-reinstall inotify-tools
I just reinstalled this using CLI .... what does inotify-tools package do ? Tried searching forums but all I seem to get is lots on mentions to reinstall or check its installed.

what does inotify-tools package do ?
It tells other things when something changes in the filesystem that it's been asked to tell them about. It's used by recmon, auto-unprotect and webif, so if it isn't working properly then neither will they.

It tells other things when something changes in the filesystem that it's been asked to tell them about. It's used by recmon, auto-unprotect and webif, so if it isn't working properly then neither will they.
Thnx for explaining

Back