Remote not working - physical & on the WebIF

But apparently your reading did not find this:

Post the results (from the command terminal).
Code:
Please select option: cli                                                                                                           

-----------------------------------------------------------------------                                                             

Humax HDR-Fox T2 (Humax1) 1.03.12/3.13                                                                                               

To return to the menu, type: exit                                                                                                   

Humax1# opkg install --force-reinstall libutil                                                                                       
Removing package libutil from root...                                                                                               
Installing libutil (0.9.29) to root...                                                                                               
Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/libutil_0.9.29_mipsel.opk.                                                                 
Configuring libutil.                                                                                                                 
Humax1#

Anything I need to do based on the above?

Can you show the content of /mod/boot/irmode? Say, ls -l it, then cat it if the size is not 0 (or, unlikely, very large), or hexdump -C it if the cat output is meaningless.

Can you show the content of /mod/boot/irmode? Say, ls -l it, then cat it if the size is not 0 (or, unlikely, very large), or hexdump -C it if the cat output is meaningless.

It's just a 4-byte file:

Code:
1 1

There's a second 0-byte file called "irmodeecho" that may be related.

You may as well delete those files. /mod/boot/irmode should just have the digit (1-6) specifying the IR command set. The other one looks like nonsense, maybe the result of an earlier faulty version. The command to create a valid /mod/boot/irmode in case you don't want the default was shown earlier in the thread (replace the 1 with the desired mode number).

You may as well delete those files. /mod/boot/irmode should just have the digit (1-6) specifying the IR command set. The other one looks like nonsense, maybe the result of an earlier faulty version. The command to create a valid /mod/boot/irmode in case you don't want the default was shown earlier in the thread (replace the 1 with the desired mode number).
I deleted the files and recreated /mod/boot/irmode using the command "echo 1 >/mod/boot/irmode" [I'm a belt & braces man].

I can now access the irmode settings without the dreaded server error. But I'm no nearer getting the box to respond to commands from the physical remote. This seemingly works as it should -- the white PVR button lights up as brightly as ever on each keypress, it has new batteries set into freshly cleaned contacts, all to no effect. As I understand it, the mode can only be changed on the remote itself, and this has never been done or even attempted since I got the box.

I'm flummoxed.

the mode can only be changed on the remote itself, and this has never been done or even attempted since I got the box.
So do it. Press and hold 0 and OK simultaneously until the PVR light is illuminated continuously (about 5s), then press the 1 button.

So do it. Press and hold 0 and OK simultaneously until the PVR light is illuminated continuously (about 5s), then press the 1 button.
One of the reasons I embarked on this misadventure yesterday is that the remote had become cranky: the red button was unusable, while the OK button produced different unexpected results much of the time. I won't bore you with the problems this caused, so in short, I wasn't able to get the PVR light to illuminate continuously. It was probably a coincidence that either the remote or the box's ir receiver failed at the point when I managed to get the webif remote to work.

I'll have to look for another remote or try one of the programmable ones. Anyone know if any possibly found on ebay are likely to be reasonable usable?

Back