[webif] Web interface

I don't understand why the Humax can't act as its own smtp server? Can't it create a correctly formatted packet for itself, or am I being naive?

Try adding the following to /mod/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf

Code:
authuser=username
authpass=password

Note that if you change the smtp server in the web interface these additional lines will be lost.

...I am stumped why the disc usage gauge at top right says I have 149G total and 6G used - my internal disc is 500GB, and the plugged-in Buffalo is 320GB.
I've worked this out now: the Buffalo is split into two partitions (Ext3 and NTFS), so the 149G represents one of the partitions (presumably the Ext3 one). Is this a bug that the gauge doesn't automatically show you the internal drive? Can it show a usage gauge for all connected drives (one pie for each)? The total/used figures could be hidden until you hover over the pie.

My ISP is BT and still requires password authentication to send mail, tried it anyway, with no success. Would really like to get this working so any info (layman's terms please) would be appreciated.

BT will require authentication for you to send outbound mail to arbitrary recipients on the Internet via their dedicated smart host servers, but they won't require Joe Bloggs on the Internet to authenticate in order to send you email. It's just a matter of configuring the Humax to send to those public facing servers rather than the smart hosts.

If you go to http://www.mxtoolbox.com/ then you can put in your email domain name (the bit after the @ sign) and it will tell you which servers will accept mail for that address without authentication. Pick one of them to put in the Humax settings screen. For @btinternet.com for example, you need mx1.bt.mail.yahoo.com or mx2.bt.mail.yahoo.com.

This is one area of the web interface that could be improved.

0.6.4 released. Only one change which is to change the download button so that the decrypted version of the file is retrieved if possible. HDR only at the moment until someone tells me where the dms_cds.db is on the HD model.

If you want to be able to download HD content too, then install/update the auto-unprotect too which will do the right things in the background to enable real time decryption.

Forgive me but I am a little confused now.

Previously if I wanted to download and view an HD recording onto my PC I would first copy the file to the virtual folder on the Hummy, then use the Webif's browse facility to browse to the virtual folder and download the 'unencrypted' to my PC. Are you saying that now all I need to do is copy the HD recording from the normal media folder to my PC and it will be 'decrypted' on the fly using the Webif facility?

FYI I do have auto-unprotect installed. The programs are NOT showing the enc flag.

Yes, all you need to do now is find the original recording through the webif's browse facility and click on OPT+ and choose Download. As long as you have upgraded auto-unprotect (and waited 10 minutes for it to run) that should work for HD content too.

Yes I have all the latest updates. However, I probably did not wait the requisite 10 minutes. DOH.

Recording Harry Potter in HD at the moment so don't want to stress the Hummy too much until it's finished recording. Thanks.

Nope. It's been quite a while now so auto-unprotect should have worked it's magic.
If I do it the 'old way' Programme > virtual folder > PC, the HD recording plays OK with Splash Player. If I do it the 'new way', the programme will NOT play.

As I say, the enc flag has been removed.

Additionally, I did put the box into standby and back on after I upgraded Webif, hmt and auto-unprotect.

Another thing I have noticed, when downloading from the Media folder (as opposed to the virtual folder), transfer is considerably slower. I assume that's because the file is being decrypted on-the-fly (or not in my case).

PS. Couldn't wait for HP to finish recording to try!

PPS. I Only have HD recordings on the Humax at the moment (I use my Topfield for SD). I will test with an SD recording later.

Another thing I have noticed, when downloading from the Media folder (as opposed to the virtual folder), transfer is considerably slower. I assume that's because the file is being decrypted on-the-fly (or not in my case).
The direct download uses the DLNA server to do the decrypting, and I found it ran at 1MB per second. No doubt it is slower than doing an FTP transfer, but how does it compare with the combined time of the decrypt copy plus the FTP transfer?

Another test.

From the same HD recording as a test I copied one to my PC the 'old' way also via the webif, and then I copied the SAME HD recording from the Hummy to my PC the 'new' way (directly from the media folder via webif).
The 'old' way works and the recording plays, the file copied the 'new' way does not play. Both the copies are exactly the same size. Only difference is their name. One retains its original name the other is 29.ts. This is to be expected as I have previously read.

Any thought?

SD recording sample taken from ITV1 (I am Legend) plays no problem transferred 'new' way. HD recording sample taken from same film (I am Legend) on ITV1 HD transferred the 'new' way will NOT play. The enc flag has been removed by auto-unprotect.

I don't have an answer. If I am doing something wrong, I must be too blinkered to notice!

Not a big deal as I can decrypt the 'old' way. It would be nice to know what, if anything, I am doing wrong.

True. I know my knowledge of all this is limited. But I can usually follow instructions.

Just out of interest I transferred the SAME HD sample that wouldn't play after being transferred via the 'new' method to my PC this time via the virtual drive and it DOES play on my PC. So I know that the base sample is OK.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the DLNA server is getting confused whether the base file is encrypted or not. If it is on the Humax' main drive it is expected to be encrypted, anywhere else (virtual, USB) it is not expected to be encrypted. If it is on the main drive but not encrypted the flags have to be changed to reflect this using the latest version of the hmt utility. If the flags say it is unencrypted but it isn't then that is just as bad as the other way around.

All of which probably doesn't apply in this case, just saying.

So just to be clear.

Old HD files which have the ENC flag cleared from the earlier auto-unprotect need the flag reset. The box also has to have the "media sharing" on i.e. DLNA server running. New files have to wait until the auto-unprotect script has run.

Then by simply re-enabling the ENC, the Download function in webif downloads the "mediaID.TS" file and decrypts in on the way.

So cool! Thanks guys.

Update.

Ignore all that about the ENC flag. Things work a whole lot better if the DLNA server is running!!

Sorry.

So as long as the new auto-unprotect script has run, the files can be downloaded through the decryption services of the DLNA server.

So just to be clear.

Old HD files which have the ENC flag cleared from the earlier auto-unprotect need the flag reset. The box also has to have the "media sharing" on i.e. DLNA server running. New files have to wait until the auto-unprotect script has run.

Then by simply re-enabling the ENC, the Download function in webif downloads the "mediaID.TS" file and decrypts in on the way.

So cool! Thanks guys.
I know you said ignore, but for everyone's enlightenment - the ENC flag is not the same as encrypted status.

Encrypted status tells the Humax whether a file NEEDS to be decrypted - it might not if it has been copied of from somewhere else. The Enc flag tells the Humax whether it SHOULD decrypt it - ie it was a HiDef recording and the policy is not to decrypt when copying to USB.

Back