[webif] Web interface

I admit defeat. Just cannot get HiDef recordings to decrypt on the fly. I have to copy them to the virtual folder first then copy to my PC.

I have checked the both the FTP and DLNA server are enabled. I have also completly power cycled the Hummy.

The latest packages are installed. Auto-unprotect v1.02, Webif v0.6.4, hmt v1.0.7, virtual disk v1.1. Obviously I have more packages installed than these. I have the default packages that the Webif installed. The only 'extra' package I have manually added is smartmontools v5.41.

Can I assume that because no one else has posted here about having copying difficulties that it is only me that is? If so, that points the finger at something that I have/have not done correctly.

Please help.

I doubt it's just you. I've had a go streaming HD via the regular DLNA client, but that results in an out of memory error on my laptop (which has 8Gb of RAM). The content has been processed by auto-unprotect. I've not tried via MediaTomb, since I'm not too bothered about it at the moment.

So far the things I've got working, and regularly use, are;

1) Series auto-filer script (essential! and the main reason I put the custom firmware on)
2) Web interface for matching program alerts via email
3) Auto unprotect, but haven't particularly tried taking off content.

Please help.

Try turning off the DNLA server, then removing the dms_cds.db file from /mnt/hd2
Turn the server on again and wait for the file to be created again. It grows while the server indexes the media.
Then wait for auto unprotect to run again (or run it by hand) and try again.

Yippee! That worked. Thank you, and the file transfer/decryption was MUCH faster than before too. Downloading at 6 - 7 MB/sec (note: MB not Mb).

Great stuff.

Is the problem likely to happen again?

Excellent. I was about to offer to try myself, but I would rather not at the moment so I'm glad you're sorted.

BT will require authentication for you to send outbound mail to arbitrary recipients on the Internet via their dedicated smart host servers, but they won't require Joe Bloggs on the Internet to authenticate in order to send you email. It's just a matter of configuring the Humax to send to those public facing servers rather than the smart hosts.

If you go to http://www.mxtoolbox.com/ then you can put in your email domain name (the bit after the @ sign) and it will tell you which servers will accept mail for that address without authentication. Pick one of them to put in the Humax settings screen. For @btinternet.com for example, you need mx1.bt.mail.yahoo.com or mx2.bt.mail.yahoo.com.

This is one area of the web interface that could be improved.

Tried both of these public servers and checked out mxtoolbox site, unfortunately I'm still not getting emails. Googling the server names revealed that BT are making it harder to send emails to these servers to protect their customers from spammers and other naughty people. Looks like one day, the only emails I'll be getting will be from BT themselves.

I was interested if I could get xyz321's suggestion working...

Try adding the following to /mod/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf

Code:
authuser=username authpass=password
Note that if you change the smtp server in the web interface these additional lines will be lost.
but without more info about where these files are and what tools to edit them, I think I'll just wait for af123 to weave some more Humax magic.

Have been getting emails from my Humax, Hooray! Still can't sent a test email from the Web interface though, that's what was making me think it wasn't working for me.

Thanks for the help.

Been away for quite a while and have been catching up with developments here - good stuff. Am I correct in thinking that it IS possible to decrypt a recording on the HD model ready for copying/streaming to a networked PC, but ONLY if the HD is 'put into HDR mode' - and how is this done please? Thanks in anticipation and best regards.

I admit defeat. Just cannot get HiDef recordings to decrypt on the fly. I have to copy them to the virtual folder first then copy to my PC.

I have checked the both the FTP and DLNA server are enabled. I have also completly power cycled the Hummy.

The latest packages are installed. Auto-unprotect v1.02, Webif v0.6.4, hmt v1.0.7, virtual disk v1.1. Obviously I have more packages installed than these. I have the default packages that the Webif installed. The only 'extra' package I have manually added is smartmontools v5.41.

Can I assume that because no one else has posted here about having copying difficulties that it is only me that is? If so, that points the finger at something that I have/have not done correctly.

Please help.

I have the same problem, been there done that, etc. I'll Telnet in and do what af123 said about deleting the dms_cds.db file and then turning the DNLA back on.

I would like to know why you have to wait for the auto un-protect to run again. Surely all it does is turn the flag off that says whether the file should be decrypted or not. If it has already done that why do we have to wait for it to check it again?

Am I correct in thinking that it IS possible to decrypt a recording on the HD model ready for copying/streaming to a networked PC, but ONLY if the HD is 'put into HDR mode' - and how is this done please?

Basically it is possible to extract the hdr's root filesystem (using humidify, and unsquashfs) to the HD's hard drive, remap a couple of the necessary folders from the HD's filesystem to the one now on the drive using mount (/usr and /opt specifically), link /media/drive1/videos to /media/My Video, kill the hummytv executable (preventing the box from rebooting using af123's additions for the webif), and run the HDR's one. Then copying to an external volume (be it real, virtual, or network) will decode the video as it does on the HDR :) I've been meaning to finish streamlining the process, put up a proper "how to" for a while and post the scripts, but been rather busy recently... Hopefully finalise it all shortly...

Basically it is possible to extract the hdr's root filesystem (using humidify, and unsquashfs) to the HD's hard drive, remap a couple of the necessary folders from the HD's filesystem to the one now on the drive using mount (/usr and /opt specifically), link /media/drive1/videos to /media/My Video, kill the hummytv executable (preventing the box from rebooting using af123's additions for the webif), and run the HDR's one. Then copying to an external volume (be it real, virtual, or network) will decode the video as it does on the HDR :) I've been meaning to finish streamlining the process, put up a proper "how to" for a while and post the scripts, but been rather busy recently... Hopefully finalise it all shortly...
I've been using the above method successfully for a while thanks to Drutt's courageous (or is that reckless? ;)) pioneering work. I'm interested to see your script Drutt for loading the HDR elf mine is as follows (mostly a poorly hacked version of one of yours):

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#Run this script to load the HDR ELF
exec >/tmp/loadhdr.log 2>&1 #output errors to this file

mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt/hd2/
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt/hd1/            # map all onto the USB drive
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt/hd3/
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /mnt/hd4/

mount /mnt/hd2/Video/ /mnt/hd2/My\ Video/    # map HD Video directory into "My Video"

mount /mnt/hd2/mod/HDRfs/usr/ /usr/            # map HDR elf and key data over the root
mount /mnt/hd2/mod/HDRfs/opt/ /opt/

rm -f /tmp/.humaxtv.running
touch /tmp/.humaxtv.restart
killall humaxtv    #kill HD, will automatically restart but this time the HDR

I have the same problem, been there done that, etc. I'll Telnet in and do what af123 said about deleting the dms_cds.db file and then turning the DNLA back on.

I would like to know why you have to wait for the auto un-protect to run again. Surely all it does is turn the flag off that says whether the file should be decrypted or not. If it has already done that why do we have to wait for it to check it again?

OK that works. If there is a way to turn the DNLA service off from the command prompt then I assume a script to turn it off delete the DB file and then turn it back on when updating the webif would fix this problem.

The auto-unprotect script also makes changes to the dms_cds.db database.

0.6.4 released. Only one change which is to change the download button so that the decrypted version of the file is retrieved if possible. HDR only at the moment until someone tells me where the dms_cds.db is on the HD model.

If you want to be able to download HD content too, then install/update the auto-unprotect too which will do the right things in the background to enable real time decryption.

af123 had a quick search on the HD model for this file ("find / name=*.db -print") and it's nowhere to be found. Is this part of the dlna service, do you think?

Anyone else noticed an issue with the display of folder sizes? Images below show the issue I see, where by it's not showing the size of the "My Video" folder.

Media Folder-1.pngMy Video.png

af123 had a quick search on the HD model for this file ("find / name=*.db -print") and it's nowhere to be found. Is this part of the dlna service, do you think?
I assume it is, as the whole new decrypting plan relies on the build in dlna, which the HD does not have. It doesn't seem to work either when running the HDR elf on the HD. When I have a bit of time, I've been meaning to see if it can be persuaded to work - it may just be some more drive mappings that are needed to fool it, or it could be related to the fact that we've not managed to yet persuade the HDR elf to use the usb drive as the recording drive. I'm assuming the HRD only does dlna from the recording drive right?

I updated the firmware this morning and I've got a one of these in my database now, too.
This event coincides with the second phase of our local digital switchover.

I just had a popup alert on my TV triggered by the event of type 11 so Sam was spot on.

dso.jpg

Good suggestion, Chris. It would certainly make it easier to create/delete folders rather than either using the remote control or FTP.

Back