[webif] Web interface

Yep, these are the errors i reported a few weeks back.
It seems as though the initial network initialisation for the box to look outside of the home network fails at random times (for me at least) - and this is only for the webif.

A reboot is the only cure.

Right, nearly there with an iPhone Skin for the main bits of the web interface. Allows viewing the now & next, epg search, view programme details, record programmes, view timers list and single channel listing.

I've just got a few bits that need tidying up on the "restart functionality" but think I need to speak with af123 and see if he can help me with a couple of "how to's". Once done I'll see if he'd like to package it up into the modded firmware or not.

Here's a few screenshots...

photo 1.PNGphoto 2.PNGphoto 3.PNGphoto 4.PNGphoto 5.PNG

Lovin it - have you had a go with the package & settings screens too or is that something you need to discuss too?

Lovin it - have you had a go with the package & settings screens too or is that something you need to discuss too?

It should be feasible but want to get the EPG functionality working first as that's the most useful I feel (to me at least).

Yeah ok.
Does the webkit support rotation? I'm thinking down the line you could rotate to view the entire EPG similar to that in the "TV Guide" app.

The webkit are basically just styles applied to the web pages rather than an "App", so you can rotate the page but the styles are limited and even causing issues for displaying a single channels programmes. It maybe possible to build an App but the Humax would need a API that it could access.

Has anyone else noticed that occasionally if you click the 'Check for package updates' button on the Web Interface, a message 'processing appears', but does not appear to do anything? Even after several minutes.
If I click the CANCEL button, I then get returned to the 'Installed Application' web page but showing an error - something about the JIM interpreter.

Subsequent use of the Web interface to check installed packages, package updates etc fails. Only a box reset cures it.

It could be that the web site the box is pointed to is off-line or running very slow, but I think a better way of capturing that would be a step forward. Rather than having to reboot the box.
Yes this happens to me most times. I've noticed when I try to access http://hummypkg.org.uk/ directly from my browser it freezes the first time. I have to close the browser window and on second try it connects. After that the package update works. Same from telnet, opkg update usually freezes when I try it the first time and i have to Ctrl/C to get back to the prompt. Again, a second attempt works O.K. Gonna try putting '89.248.55.76 hummypkg.org.uk' in my hosts file so the DNS doesn't need to be resolved and see if that makes any difference.

Strangely, whenever I run tcpdump, in an attempt to discover why this is happening, it always seems to work first time.

Something you learn as an engineer - whenever you break out the analysers the faults always mysteriously disappear.

The webkit are basically just styles applied to the web pages rather than an "App", so you can rotate the page but the styles are limited and even causing issues for displaying a single channels programmes. It maybe possible to build an App but the Humax would need a API that it could access.

Yeah i realised this after i typed it.. doh..

Yeah i realised this after i typed it.. doh..

I'm not sure what's involved in building an API but might investigate at some point. Doing and API and App may well be a lot of effort for the amount of people that would use it.

I have added a "Disk Space" page to the iPhone skin to show how much free space. Could turn that into a page with a bit more information on it like software version etc.

Sounds good to me. The more info the better as far as im concerned.
Being able to manage disk space by deleting recordings/folders etc like the full webif would be a "nice to have" ;).

An API does sound like it would be alot of work, maybe some of the other more knowledgeble people on here will be able to give some advice.
AF123 did mention a while ago that he was interested in making an app at some point down the line.

Sounds good to me. The more info the better as far as im concerned.
Being able to manage disk space by deleting recordings/folders etc like the full webif would be a "nice to have" ;)

That would be quite nice.. especially if the display of the episodes within a folder allowed me to quickly see duplicates. Kids shows are a nightmare to manage & not being able to sort by episode title is a PITA. At least the series auto-filer script alters the title so it's easier to see what's what on the box itself.

If we can get that, and basic editing of programs to strip off crud from the start/end, then this box will be almost perfect! :)

You should be able to use gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com as your email server. Since you're sending to a valid gmail address, you don't need to authenticate (just as anyone else on the Internet wishing to send you email does not need to).

The only issue might be that Google's spam filters could block the messages, but you won't know until you try.

Searched and found this solution to dealing with the smtp password on my google mail account when trying to get webif.epgkeywords to work for me. No luck I'm afraid, all my email accounts smtp servers need passwords. Are there any workarounds for this problem.

Have had my HDR Fox T2 for 2months now and just this week installed the .09 custom firmware. Loving your work. Cheers

Searched and found this solution to dealing with the smtp password on my google mail account when trying to get webif.epgkeywords to work for me. No luck I'm afraid, all my email accounts smtp servers need passwords. Are there any workarounds for this problem.

I ended up sending via my ISP's email service & got Gmail to import the email via POP.. works fine now.

I ended up sending via my ISP's email service & got Gmail to import the email via POP.. works fine now.

My ISP is BT and still requires password authentication to send mail, tried it anyway, with no success. Would really like to get this working so any info (layman's terms please) would be appreciated.

I am with Virgin Media. All I did was enter the SMTP server (smtp.ntlworld.com) into the server box and clicked 'change' to save the details. Test email worked first time. Didn't need any password or any other authentication.

Back